SCIT is a valuable research tool for investigating small changes in brain function. Peer-reviewed research articles on SCIT, published in top international scientific and medical journals, include:
1. Sheng, X., Li, Z., Ni, J., Yelland, G. (2019) Effects of conventional milk versus milk containing only A2 β-casein on digestion in Chinese children: A randomized study.
Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, 69(3):375–382.
2. van Langenberg, D.R., Yelland, G.W, Robinson, S.R., Gibson, P.R. (2017) Cognitive impairment in Crohn’s disease is associated with systemic inflammation, symptom burden and sleep disturbance. United European Gastroenterology Journal, 5(4): 579-587.
3. Jianqin, S., Leiming, X., Lu, X., Yelland, G.W., Ni, J., Clarke, A.J. (2016) Effects of milk containing only A2 beta casein versus milk containing both A1 and A2 beta casein proteins on gastrointestinal physiology, symptoms of discomfort, and cognitive behaviour of people with self-reported intolerance to traditional cows' milk. Nutrition Journal, 15, 35 doi:10.1186/s12937-016-0147-z
4. Bruce, K.M., Robinson, S.R., Smith, J.A., Yelland, G.W. (2014) Validity of a screening tool for detecting subtle cognitive impairment in the middle-aged and elderly. Clinical Interventions in Aging, 9: 2165-2176.
5. Lichtwark, I.T., Newnham, E.D., Robinson, S.R., Shepherd, S.J., Hosking, P., Gibson, P.R., Yelland, G.W. (2014) Cognitive impairment in coeliac disease improves on a gluten-free diet and correlates with histological and serological indices of disease severity. Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 40(2): 160-170.
6. Speirs, S.J., Rinehart, N.J., Robinson, S.R., Tonge, B.J., and Yelland, G.W. (2014) Efficacy of cognitive processes in young people with high-functioning autism spectrum disorder using a novel visual information-processing task. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 44(11): 2809-2819.
7. Bruce, K.M., Yelland, G.W., Almeida, A.A., Smith, J.A., and Robinson, S.R. (2014) Effects on cognition of conventional and robotically assisted cardiac valve operation. Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 97(1): 48-55.
8. Bruce, K.M., Yelland, G.W., Smith, J.A., and Robinson, S.R. (2013) Recovery of cognitive function after coronary artery bypass graft operations. Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 95(4): 1306-1313.
9. Friedman, T.W., Yelland, G.W. and Robinson, S.R. (2012) Subtle cognitive impairment in elders with MMSE scores within the ‘normal’ range. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 27(5): 463-71.
10. Mahtani, S., Robinson, S.R., Yelland, G.W., Sasse, A. and Conduit, R. (2011) Nadir oxygen desaturation is correlated with cognitive impairment in obstructive sleep apnoea. In: Little clock, big clock: molecular to physical clocks. Proceedings of the Australasian Chronobiology Society 8th Annual Meeting. (Kennedy, G.A and Sargent, C. (Eds.) pp. 37-42.
11. Friedman, T.W., Robinson, S.R. and Yelland, G.W. (2011) Impaired perceptual judgement at low blood alcohol concentrations. Alcohol, 45(7): 711-718.